Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 29, 2015

this blogging thing

sweater & pants: old navy (pants similar here), t-shirt: nordstrom rack,
shoes: vans (exact here)

this blogging thing. it can be rough.
i have been blogging at 'diary of this girl' for four years now;
where has the time gone?! (you can read my very first post here!)
now, don't worry, i'm not going anywhere. 
blogging is an immense passion of mine. 
as is fashion. and writing. thrifting. shopping. and pretty much 
anything and everything i share on my little corner of the internet. 

since starting my blog, i have always compared my writing,
the photos i post, and the outfits i wear to fellow fashion and lifestyle 
bloggers. i always aspire to do better. to be better. 
to create something unique and genuine, but to do so in 
a superior way -
perhaps that isn't fair as those bloggers have been 
doin' their thing for longer. they have more experience, 
more time to dedicate, and more knowledge of the blogging process.
yet i envy them.
'if only i had that camera'; 'if only i had that outfit';
'if only i could look better' are thoughts that often run through 
my head when reading other blogs.

i hope this blog continues to grow, 
but more importantly, i want it to continue to be a creative outlet for me.
if it doesn't grow, i hope my passion for writing 
(and sharing my appreciation for fashion) never dwindles. 
and to those of you who read this blog, thank you! 
xoxo.



4 comments:

  1. Megan, I love this. I totally know what you are saying. But, I do have to tell you that you and Rachel Sayumi (who both happened to do this months How We Wore It post) are two bloggers that I've never forgotten about. I think the 3 of us started blogging around the same time and I've watched you both grow into such beautiful bloggers. Don't stop and keep putting in the work and passion!

    Penn&Quill || Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your response! I love Rachel Sayumi's blog, too! I think I originally found her through you :) I also read your blog frequently! I love the creative process, taking photos, and sharing my life through my blog, and it means a great deal to me knowing how long you've been visiting my page. Thank you for your support and kind words!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your perspective! I'm keeping that in mind too...even if it doesn't grow, I hope my love for writing continues to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every blogger goes through this and struggles. I'm glad you are going to keep doing even if it is just for you! Beyond that, your outfit is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete