Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

how we wore it // darker fall tones

happy wednesday, everyone!
today i am collaborating with a few incredible (and very talented!) 
bloggers as we style darker tones for fall.
^^^ our inspiration photo via stylelovely -
can i have her top? and shoes? and bag, please?! ^^^

when i first saw this photo, i thought, 'oh i don't have a gingham top like that.
and i desperately want distressed black jeans. and maybe
i can buy a new pair of shoes, too?'
but that sort of defeats the entire purpose of this collaboration; 
together, we are digging through our closets to find pieces 
that resemble this look. 

when i took a moment to consider what i have in my 
closet, items that are comparable to this photo, i realized i didn't need to go 
shopping at all (darn!!). 
blouse: nordstrom, bag: urban outfitters (old), booties: dsw,
bangles: nordstrom rack, jeans: american eagle (exact here)

what stood out to me in the inspiration photo, 
was the distressed denim, blouse-like top, sunnies, and black bag.
after a bit of playing around with my blouse, 
i am pleased with how similar my photos look - yet they
are still representative of my personal style.
i prefer flats or boots to heels, and i opted for a brighter, 
more vibrant lip color. 

i had a great time creating this look, so thank you, 
brooke for hosting. brooke's blog, silver lining,
is pretty adorable (as is her daughter), so be sure to check it out!

also participating in today's 'how we wore it':
Brooke at Silver Lining
Alexa at He and I
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Hannah at Hannah Rae
Sierra at Sierra's View
Sharlee at My New Lines
Berkley at Berkley Anne
Amy at Harris Inc.
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley
Amy at Lamb & Ivy
Autumn at Stay Gold Autumn
Brielle at Breezy and Co
Riley at Riley Jo Blog
Maren at Maren and Co
Kyla at FordOlogy
Robin at Penn & Quill
Shelbie at R+S Brereton
Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora
Sarah at My For Real Life
Deidre at Deidre Emme
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi

#howweworeit
xoxo.



17 comments:

  1. I just love your spin on this. I actually like your top with the ripped black jeans better--honestly! :) You put this together really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Beyond love. And your jeans are perfect!!! You, my friend, are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your top looks even better than the picture we were given! And you totally rock those distressed jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teach me your distressed jean ways. It looks so great! I might have to use this outfit as our inspiration sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great look! your demin is spot on and i love your heeled booties! i'm in need of some new black booties. i left ONE in a hotel room and they were never able to find it...BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you have the perfect jeans for this!! I like that top, and I love the background you picked to go with your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Justine! I bought the jeans recently, and they're so comfortable! I love the distressed look, too!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Chelsea! They're so comfortable! And stretchy haha

      Delete
  8. Megan I love everything about this look! The print of your top is stunning. The booties are a MUST have and the PERFECT ripped black skinnies look flawless on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kyla! You are the sweetest! I had a great time putting this look together for the collaboration :)

      Delete
  9. Need your pants. Need your shoes!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! The boots are from earlier this fall, but I bet you could find them online! I just bought the jeans - they're so soft, and I love the distressed look :)

      Delete
  10. Those jeans are amazing! Cutest look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your top. I love that you switched up this HWWI. New follower by the way. You are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought those exact same things about her outfit. I wanted them all for myself! :) You put this look together well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the shirt with the outfit! it gives the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete