Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, December 7, 2015

merry thriftmas!

'have yourself a merry little thriftmas'
today i am collaborating with my local value village 
to bring you 'ugly christmas sweater + holiday glam.'
sweater: thrifted (c/o value village), skirt: nordstrom (similar here),
tights: target, boots: dsw, clutch: jessica simpson (similar here)

do you have an ugly sweater party to attend this holiday season?
if so, value village is a treasure trove for sweaters!  tinsel, bows, bells, snowmen, 
trees and more -
you are sure to find your perfect, ugly sweater. 

i actually had the above sweater and an equally glamorous
red sweater in my shopping cart. i couldn't decide which was 
better (uglier?). ultimately, i couldn't leave the snowmen//spoons behind, 
so home we came. 
i wanted to be sure my sweater was the statement piece
in this outfit; and how could it not be?! thus, i paired it with 
my favorite velvet skirt, opaque tights, and black ankle boots. 
i have an ugly sweater party to attend next weekend, and i 
know the snowmen will be a hit!

during my shopping trip, i also picked up a holiday dress, 
black ballet flats, a trench coat, two flannel dresses, and brown,
oxford-style shoes all for under $100! 
value village is the perfect place to shop for your ugly holiday sweaters,
but they also have a large variety of everyday pieces
to spruce up your wardrobe - especially if you're on a budget (like me!). 
i feel fortunate to shop at value village because i know 
the money i spend, and any clothing and household goods i donate, 
is helping better my community. shopping to help others, while also 
doing good for the environment? that's something i can do!
xoxo.

**value village was kind enough to provide me with 
a gift certificate to purchase my holiday sweater. i had a wonderful time
creating this look and am grateful for the opportunity 
to collaborate with value village! 

5 comments:

  1. You are adorable--even in your tacky sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chelsea! It definitely is tacky ;) I hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  2. Of course you managed to make this sweater look good! I am completely sold. You're just the cutest. Let's plan a thrifting trip ASAP! We could even do a post about it. Which location did you purchase this sweater from? I can't wait to see all your other finds.

    http://laceandpearlsblog.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Asa! I purchased everything at the Ballard Value Village. We definitely need to plan a thrifting date and, of course, blog about it :) Can't wait to see you this weekend for our next collaboration!

      Delete
  3. Omg! That sweater!!! Lol. I love how funky yet super cute it is. I grew up on thrift store clothes and still have a hard time spending more than $5 on anything. Great post btw, I'm going to stop by here more often :)

    www.LoveNiki.com

    ReplyDelete