Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, August 11, 2013

ready for tomorrow


tomorrow marks my first official day as a 
toddler montessori preschool teacher - 
i could not be more excited.
or more nervous.
or more afraid of failing.
or scared of letting down the children and my fellow staff.
i'm a whole mess of emotions right now;
in fact, i couldn't sleep at all last night.
i have already received some complaints
from parents who are apprehensive about 
my abilities, qualifications, and education.
while i could agree with them and simply step aside 
(surely there are many, many more teachers qualified to work 
with their children),
i am ready.
i am excited.
and i am putting one hundred percent of my effort into succeeding at this job.
i hope they give me a chance.
i know i will make mistakes.
i know i will lose my temper and struggle with not having 
enough patience.
but i will also love their children.
i will do my very best every day.
and i will pour my heart into teaching and helping shape the lives of their children.
i think that's enough, right?
xoxo.







1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! I know how it feels stepping into a new teaching environment and not getting the warmest welcome. As long as you continue to do your best, everyone will come around!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete