Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, March 12, 2015

with a heavy heart

'lord, my heart is heavy, and i'm worn out.
please help me to see the goodness that surrounds me.'

two weeks ago, i made a very difficult decision:
i quit my job.

i have worked at the same preschool for almost three years.
the same building. the same lunch stops.
the same classroom.
the same (and sometimes different) coworkers. 
the same sounds of laughter, tears, and of course,
temper tantrums from the children who have become 
an important part of my life. 

while i know i made the right choice (from a professional standpoint),
it certainly does not make the choice any easier. 
and it absolutely does not take away the pain i feel 
after saying goodbye to my staff, the families i have supported, 
and most of all, the children i have grown to love. 

i may need a minute.
..to think back on all the good times.
the joy. the growth. the copious diaper changes.
the developmental milestones.
the incredible memories i made throughout my time at preschool.
my heart feels heavy.

i begin a new job monday. a fresh start, a new school.
i hope it's great!
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment