Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

how we wore it // holiday plaid

can you believe christmas is only a few weeks away?
the holidays are my favorite time of year - especially living in the city! 
i love the lights, christmas trees and decor, and all of the 
fun, holiday-related festivities that are taking place.

today i have the pleasure of linking up with a few 
amazing (and beloved!) fashion bloggers to share our take 
on holiday plaid.
^^^ our inspiration photo via because shanna said so;
i love her bag and scarf! ^^^

sweater: old navy, dress: nordstrom rack (old), jacket: nordstrom (exact here),
scarf: target (exact here), boots: thrifted, bag: urban outfitters, tights: tj maxx

when i first saw this month's photo, i immediately thought,
'i don't have anything like that!' one of the reasons i
love participating in this link up, however, is because it challenges
me to pair items i already own, but have not yet worn together.
while i love the plaid and leopard, i probably would not
have thought to wear them in the same style post.

i must confess, i did use this challenge as an excuse
to purchase my leopard jacket. i've been lusting after a warm,
furry jacket this winter, and this past weekend, i picked up
this leopard one at my local nordstrom (it's on major sale, too!).

my black dress is an oldie, but classic, and i found
the plaid scarf at target earlier this fall.
be sure to check out how the other ladies styled their
holiday plaid below! and a special thank you to brooke, from
silver lining, for hosting. you can sign up for next month's link up
via brooke's blog.
xoxo.

Brooke at Silver Lining
Robin at Penn & Quill
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Maren at Maren and Co
Brielle at Breezy and Co
Tayler at The Morrell Tale
Sharlee at My New Lines
Berkley at Berkley Anne
Jennifer at The Pepper Express
Alexa at He and I
Hannah at Hannah Rae
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi
Amy at Harris Inc.
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley
Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Sarah at My For Real Life
Kyla at FordOlogy
Riley at Riley Jo Blog
Shelbie at R+S Brereton
Sierra at Sierra's View
Emma at Ever Emma
Danica at Danikan Skywalker
Deidre at Deidre Emme

27 comments:

  1. perfect. You even have a leopard jacket!? Can I be you!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deidre, you are too sweet! The jacket was a recent purchase, but I love it! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  2. That leopard jacket! I need it! Seriously looking so good with that black dress too. Love your whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally used this post as an excuse to get a dress, so I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait I just used this post as an excuse to buy that leopard coat???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously that leopard coat is perfect. I want it so bad, too bad I already own too many coats lol. Love your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I love how your outfit is basically the same as the inspiration!!! I am shocked you had all the perfect pieces, like that LEOPARD COAT! I hardly had any similar items... besides the tights lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gosh. We must be soul sisters, I am absolutely obsessed with your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You nailed this one. You are beautiful and you rock this look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You nailed this one. You are beautiful and you rock this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharlee! I am happy with how the look came together. I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. Megan your look is FABULOUS! that coat is to die for! Love your booties and scarf also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kyla! I love the coat, too! I cannot wait to wear it for the holidays :)

      Delete
  11. I'm obsessed with this entire outfit, especially the leopard coat. You look gorg! What a fun link up. I signed up for the next one. Hope the spots aren't full.

    laceandpearlsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asa, I hope you get to participate next month! It's so much fun to try to recreate the look!

      Delete
  12. I'm glad you bought the jacket because it looks great on you! This outfit is perfection, dressy casual at its best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justine, thank you! I had so much fun recreating it!! Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  13. your coat?!?! i die! seriously, it is perfection. i love this look so much. black with patterned accents is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute!! Love the leopard coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are ADORABLE! That coat is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your scarf. Visiting from How We Wore It

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness that coat! I'm not brave enough to wear it, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your boots! And that coat is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  19. DROOLING over the coat. Why didn't I think to go buy one for this?? Perfect excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, this entire outfit is spot on. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Duh, you like literally nailed this outfit. And look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything about this is so perfect. I'm obsessed with the coat. I think I need it.

    ReplyDelete