Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

wear to work

with my recent career change - i previously 
worked as a preschool teacher and am now 
an office professional for a finance company - my wardrobe
subsequently underwent a dramatic transition. i used to live in my 
denim, leggings, and all things comfortable (and i may
or may not have worn ripped jeans a few times each week). 
i would arrive home after a long day with dried remnants of lunch, snot, 
and dirt from the playground 'decorating' my outfit. 
it certainly made for good story telling, and my clothing
was washed often (very often!). 

dressing 'fancy' was never a priority. the ability to chase after 
and keep up with ten toddlers took precedence. while i greatly miss the kids, 
i don't necessarily mind staying clean throughout the day ;)
**disclosure: coach graciously sent me the handbag featured in this post.
all opinions are my own!

i've always been drawn to skirts and dresses,
and i find myself wearing a sweater or blazer with my skirts
and dresses most often. our office culture requires 'business 
professional' attire (and 'business casual' on friday's).

working in a professional office, however, 
doesn't mean i want to change or sacrifice my style - 
after all, style is a form of self-expression!
patterns, prints and statement pieces are still important.
while it is sometimes more difficult to put together 
outfits during the work week (and look office-appropriate),
i welcome the challenge.
^^^ and whether it's tuesday or saturday, coffee is imperative ^^^

this sweater and skirt combination is something i recently 
wore to work. i thought it would be fun to showcase my work style
here on my blog! to add a bit of flare to this look, i chose my 
leopard print flats. i kept my accessories to a minimum 
with delicate rings and traded my usual tote for a coach crossbody bag. 

sweater: loft (similar here), skirt: loft, leopard flats: thrifted (via seattle goodwill)
rings: target, crossbody bag: c/o coach (exact here)

how do you dress for work?
where do you like to shop for work attire? i'm always
looking for new ideas and inspiration!
xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment