Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

last day / first day

last day
.................................
treats
good friends
hugs
flowers from my family :)
delicious lunch date
fun happy hour
PLUS THE WORST ALLERGIC REACTION OF MY LIFE
i had truffle oil in my soup,
and apparently i am quite allergic
i spent the afternoon scratching/rubbing/slathering my entire body in ointment
my face was the color of my red toms,
as were my arms, hands, neck, chest, and scalp
(i had tights on, but i am assuming my legs were red, too)
my lips and chin started to swell
i could literally feel my chin(s) growing
it was very strange
my coworkers suggested i go to the doctor
thus, i spent my last afternoon at work in a walk in clinic with epic hives
and completely drugged up on bendryl
needless to say, i was a real hoot to be around during happy hour
rather, i went, ate, tried to speak coherently, and came home only to pass out by 7:30pm
all in all, (minus the allergic reaction) it was a lovely last day
first day
.................................
toys
laughter
hugs
a long walk
and the two sweetest little munchkins
i didn't even mind that i came home covered in vomit, snot, and a strange brown substance
(which i think was mud... i hope...)
thankfully, i am beginning to recognize the sound of the oncoming projectile vomit
hopefully tomorrow's outfit will come home slightly less dirty
but then again, this is what i signed up for, 
what i love, 
and what i cannot wait to go back to tomorrow :)

happy hump day!
xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. ya know, the laughter, the smiles, the hugs, the first steps and the little giggles...they kind of make up for all the vomit. I worked at a daycare for a few years with 1 & 2 year old kiddos. The kids totally made that job worth it!

    I hope you continue to enjoy it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a nanny for a girl from 10 months to 2 1/2 years. It is such an incredible experience! I hope you have the time of your life. Take tons of photos! Can't wait to hear about it on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no love I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience! At least now you know for the future, I really hope you're feeling better!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad your first day went well!! (and sorry about your reaction - that stinks!) happy friday!

    ReplyDelete