Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

first date outfit ideas

deciding what to wear on a first date can be utterly nerve-wracking.
it is difficult to find a balance between looking nice 
(when not necessarily knowing where you are going), and representing your personal style. 
some of my favorite girlfriends have recently gone on first dates,
and i thought i would put together a few outfit ideas :)
what do you typically wear on a first date?
please, help us! 
an animal print scarf is classic, but fun.
chambray is my new favorite.
wear this over a dress, or with a fitted skirt and tank tucked in.
this chambray blouse is from jcrew, but you can find them almost anywhere! 
i love love love stripes.
this fitted striped skirt is especially cute. 
a short necklace is a great accent piece. 
wear it with a dress, or to add color to a neutral colored top.
necklace found on polyvore.
colorful jeans are a nice change from your standard blue denim.
wear them with stripes, a printed top, or a basic white t-shirt.
i think i need this coral pair from asos :)
printed flats are great for spring! 
...and just in case your date is not especially tall... 

*images found on google unless otherwise specified




4 comments:

  1. Cute items! I haven't been on a first date in quite some time (I'm married) but I think it's important not to wear things that are too trendy. Men usually don't understand trends, so I always go with something classic. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didn't really think of that, but it makes total sense! wearing something more classic/basic is probably for the best. it is important to me to be true to myself and my style, however, so i typically dress the same as i would on any other day (although that could be to blame for my lack of dates... haha).

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sharon even though it has also been a long time since my last first date. Most men have no appreciation of animal prints or oversized anything. I think the most important thing is to be comfortable, smile, and not have your arms crossed when you first meet or for most of the evening. I had to listen to a whole rant from a guy about how girls look at least 40% more attractive when they don't have their arms crossed! Good luck!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is true... they do not understand or appreciate fashion as we do :) i must work on not crossing my arms so much! such a nervous habit and natural stance for me. thank you!

      Delete