Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

holiday makeup

with the holidays just around the corner, i thought 
it would be fun to play around with my makeup and create
a 'holiday-inspired' look.

i must preface this by saying: i am not an expert beauty blogger. 
in fact, i think my makeup application skills are mediocre;
i can apply false eye lashes like a pro, but other than that, i'm clueless!
my overall makeup routine is fairly consistent. i almost never wear eye shadow, 
so it was fun to try out the sample palette and a few of my other shadows. 

what i'm wearing:

eyes
lashes: ardell self-adhesive lashes (similar here)
lash glue: duo lash adhesive dark
brush: bare minerals (similar here)
liner: maybelline eye studio lasting drama gel eyeliner
palette: lancome color design sample in 'blush sweetness'
shadow pot: mini bare minerals eye color in 'creme de menthe' (similar here)

lips
lipstick: nars semi matte lipstick in 'heat wave'

skin
unfortunately, i have very sensitive (and breakout prone) skin. for this shoot, i followed my typical face makeup and skincare regimen. i use bare minerals complexion rescue tinted hydrating gel and bare minerals matte foundation. i also apply bare minerals blush (in 'golden gate') followed by my all-time favorite, bare minerals hydrating mineral veil. this combination provides me with build-able coverage, while treating my various skin problems. i've been using bare minerals for years and can't imagine changing to anything else!

^^^ asa, from lace and pearls, and i got ready together! i applied 
ardell double-up lashes for her holiday makeup tutorial. she looked gorgeous!!! ^^^
i completed my look with a bright red lip.
applying red lipstick can be somewhat intimidating (and tricky 
to remove), but i follow these three steps:
1) prep 2) prime 3) apply color

i prep my lips by applying chapstick. if the chapstick is sticky, 
i may dab it off a bit with a tissue or napkin. i then prime my lips with 
nyx cosmetics lip primer, as i find it helps my lipstick last
throughout the day, when eating and drinking. finally, i apply my color.

do you change up your makeup routine for the holidays?
have you tried any new products? 
xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your holiday look! (Bare Minerals FTW!) Around this time of year I like to wear a more dramatic lip and a bit more shimmer...I definitely want to try false eyelashes for my next holiday party :)

    xo Mil
    https://southbynorthwestblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete