Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

the dreaded shot

top: thrifted, jeans: ae, sandals: elle via kohl's
{ shop for these sandals and similar styles here;
for a coupon to shop, please visit here }

i love the song - "as she's walking away" by the zac brown band.
for some reason the sequence of these pictures made me think of it.
i am not walking away from (or planning to walk away from) tom (who took these pictures).
but i hope he is falling in love :) 

i had to get a shot today...
the dreaded annual tb skin test in order for me to volunteer at camp in a few weeks.
i despise, despise, despise shots! 
i fear them more than anything, possibly more than birds.
i hyperventilate and then proceed to get very dizzy and nauseous 
before and after the shot is administered.
i typically bring my mom with me,
...just in case i faint.
doctors and nurses alike scoff at me for being 24 years old, 
and bringing my mom with me to a doctor's appointment. 
i know, i know, i am pathetic. 
but i promise i feel horrible both before and after.
thus, i begged tom to meet me for my appointment this morning.
and you know what?
he met me there right at 8am :)
he tried to chat with me/distract me from the dreaded needle,
but kept raising his eyebrow as the needle was brought closer and closer to my arm.
eek!
he held my hand, and took me to get coffee and a treat after.
i am pretty lucky if i do say so myself.
and now i am all set to play with the kiddos at camp!

are you afraid of shots?
if so, what is your trick? i need help!
xoxo.




5 comments:

  1. I'm deathly afraid of shots too! I usually just close my eyes and tell the nurse that I'm a baby, and to just do it without telling me. She's normally super nice and accommodating, and goes rather quickly. :) So glad things are going so well with you and Tom, he seems like a keeper! So happy for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hate shots!! I ALWAYS have to look away when they're doing it, otherwise it'll make me sick to my stomach. That's so cute that Tom went with you for moral support!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally afraid of shots for so long! I finally just recently have gotten better with them, as long as I don't look at ALL at the needle haha. Sounds like you got yourself one good boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gimme those pants and sandals! SO adorable.

    I am sooooo scared of shots! Call me crazy, but I have no problem with tatts/piercings...but put a needle filled with liquid in it and I pass out instantly haha

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you survived :) Love those pants - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete