Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, September 15, 2013

thoughts from the rambler


"we just want you to be happy, megan."
this is something i hear quite often;
for as long as i can remember, my parents have
shared with me and emphasized the importance of being happy. 
or rather, of making myself happy.

i have to admit, 
after graduating from college, and even towards the end 
of my college career, i was not happy.
i was sad, disappointed with myself, and constantly anxious. 
anxious about my future.
unsure of myself as a person.
nervous about the decisions i was preparing to make.
with a great deal of support, however, 
i pushed through those years. 

i contemplated going back to school (numerous times),
tried working a variety of jobs.
created new friendships, and said goodbye to some, too.
dated several people.
and experienced what felt like an emotional pendulum - 
swinging back and forth, back and forth. 

i am not sure what changed exactly.
i cannot pinpoint a particular moment in time,
choice that was made,
or experience that took place.
perhaps it is a culmination of things -
but something changed for the better.

i finally feel content.
i feel happy with where i am in my life right now.
i can confidently say i am proud of myself. that is big. 
proud of my accomplishments.
proud of the person i am becoming 
(though that will likely continue to change (ever so slightly)).
proud of the decisions i have made. 

mom and dad, i can wholeheartedly say, "i am happy."
i know i will to have good days and bad days, too.
i will surely call you crying 
and continue to need your support, faith in me, and reassurance.
you will have to remind me to strive for happiness. 
when i get lost (which i will), 
and when i make a mistake (and i will make many),
please remind me that i can find that stability, 
and that happiness again. 
that's all.
xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment