photo by victoria west photography
the holiday season is such a busy time!
for the past week, i've been running around like a maniac;
trying to get from one store to the next, or to a particular brunch
or party or get-together, while fitting in appointments - and there's
always more i could be doing in my classroom.
it's easy to get bogged down with to-do lists, shopping
and other details. we lose sight of what the holidays are truly about:
spending time with the people who matter most!
as a way of staying connected, and out of the holiday shopping frenzy,
will and i are trying to dedicate more time to one another.
we're both incredibly busy, so it's not always realistic to set aside an entire day
together. however, we love taking time to do something here
and there, while cherishing the larger chunks of time we have together!
i've compiled a list of our favorite holiday traditions, as well
as other events and places we hope to visit this christmas season!
1) ride the carousal in westlake center, followed by hot chocolate (of course!).
2) attend wild lights at the woodland park zoo. admire the beautiful displays
of animal shaped lights. don't forget to visit santa and his reindeer, too!
3) stop by gingerbread lane at the sheraton hotel in seattle.
with the upcoming release of star wars, the theme of the houses is
'may the holidays be with you.'
4) enjoy the holiday music, such as 'home for the holidays'
by the seattle men's chorus at benaroya hall.
5) the holidays wouldn't be complete without a red and green sprinkle
donut from top pot. they're our favorite! or maybe my favorite.
willie doesn't usually object to donuts (thankfully!).
6) bundle up and take a walk together. admire the christmas
lights and other holiday displays!
7) love holiday movie classics? watch 'it's a wonderful life'
at the grand illusion cinema.
8) the annual christmas ships parade takes place in
december. you can sign up to ride onboard with the choir on lake washington,
or watch the decorated ships from afar!
9) the nutcracker is new this year! george balanchine
has created an incredible performance at mccaw hall. tickets can
be purchased from december 16-28th.
10) visit the festival of trees at the fairmont olympic hotel.
each tree has a unique theme and is beautifully decorated!
proceeds from the event are donated to the seattle children's autism
center and uncompensated care at seattle children's hospital.
11) enjoy snow showers inside the atrium of pacific place
while completing your holiday shopping! there
is also live music from 12:00-2:00 and 5:00-7:00 on weekends.
12) snuggle up, turn on the hallmark channel,
grab your popcorn and eggnog, and enjoy a christmas movie together!
happy holidays, everyone!