Image Map

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.diaryofthisgirlmegan.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

stripes, ruffles, & printed socks

as temperatures continue to drop in seattle, 
i am eager to find ways to 'stretch out' my 
summer wardrobe. this skirt, for example, is not ready 
for storage! it wants to be worn with tights, ankle 
boots, and of course, sneakers!

one of my favorite trends, however, is to
wear crew socks with skirts and dresses. it is
a great way to add (a bit of) warmth and a fun
flair to your look. a printed sock? even more fun!
disclosure: sock it to me graciously provided me with the socks
featured in this post. as per usual, all opinions are my own!

i have a confession: i. own. so. many. socks.
i love them! when working as a preschool teacher, 
my dear friend, maggie and i fell in love with
printed socks. cats, cupcakes, cacti - you name it.
we collected (and traded) socks of varying colors,
prints, and styles. over the years, my collection
has continued to grow. 

in the classroom, socks were a favorite
talking point amongst students. we spoke, read, and
sang about our socks during group time. 

although i no longer work in the classroom,
i still enjoy finding fun socks to wear
(or give as gifts to friends and coworkers). 
you can never own too many socks! 
#amiright
today, i wanted to show off my adorable 
feline fine socks, courtesy of sock it to me!
this ruffle denim skirt is new to my closet, thanks
to a major end-of-summer sale. 
my simple striped t-shirt and black vans
allow these kitty socks to shine! i simply
could not hide them with jeans or other pants.

t-shirt: topshop, skirt: urban outfitters, 
backpack: stitch fix, socks: c/o sock it to me (exact here),
shoes: vans (exact here), ring: old navy

is anyone else not quite ready for fall?
i have a few additional summer-inspired looks to
share on my blog (thank you for your patience!).

are you a fan of the current sock craze?
when walking to class earlier this week, i walked
 past a new sock store in the university district. 
i think i need to stop in soon!
xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment